Yesterday I didn't post day 30 because it was my husband's birthday and I thought he should have his own day on my blog. I mean he really has earned it. He puts up with me and all.
I should have posted Day 30 early this morning because now I can't post it in honor of the two fish that were killed today. Yep, remember back on Day 27, yeah, not even a week ago, the post was about pets and I wrote all about how we have these fish that we got from my son's wedding and how I wouldn't care if they up and died but I wasn't heartless enough to kill them yadda, yadda, yadda. Well I was so wrong! I did care, I really did. Maybe because it was such a shock. I mean I just fed them an hour before and Gatlin cleaned out their bowl half an hour before. Hmmmm, Gatlin cleaned out their bowl half an hour before.
"GATLIN, WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE FISH!!!???"
He maintains his innocence but obviously something during the bowl cleaning process seems a little fishy to me. These fish have been around for almost 2.5 years and have experienced many a bowl cleaning. The water didn't feel too hot but you don't just end up with too perfectly fine fish side floating half an hour later unless something that shouldn't have happened happened.
I am sad. It was actually hard for me to flush those guys down the toilet. Literally! We have a lousy toilet. I had to flush it three times!!! Talk about making me feel even more guilty than I already did.
So we are officially petless again.
Anyone need some fish food?
I'm sorry Shari! This is almost too funny. You're flushing issue reminds me of when DH tried to flush a fish the size of his hand down ours.
ReplyDeleteOh my. I am sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteNow you will be pet free for when you come to visit. :)
I'm sorry Shari! But I am chuckling at you trying three times to flush them!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for your loss, but you really had me laughing at the visual of you trying to flush the fish three times!
ReplyDelete