For me the day was all about spending time with my men and getting us out of the house and away from the electronics so I would have been happy going anywhere.
Since Grant had just been at the aquarium last year, on a field trip, he still remembered quite a bit about it so he was the tour guide. This time we borrowed one of the activity stuffed backpacks they have for members. We took some time to go through it, and off we went.
Since Grant had just been at the aquarium last year, on a field trip, he still remembered quite a bit about it so he was the tour guide. This time we borrowed one of the activity stuffed backpacks they have for members. We took some time to go through it, and off we went.
Grant packed this backpack around all morning. We didn't open it once while we toured the aquarium. Who wants to stop and do activities when you can watch a sea lion be fed and weighed or touch the sea anemone? Not us I guess.
After the aquarium we needed some nourishment. The boys wanted to go to Red Robin (that's where we went last time we were at the waterfront) but Dale and I decided you do NOT go to Red Robin when you are on the waterfront. You go somewhere where you can actually get sea food so we went to a little seafood place across from Red Robin and tried to convince the boys we would not force them to order seafood. Grant was not happy and refused to order so I ordered him a mini burger and some onion rings. When it came time to decide what he wanted to drink he was still pouting so I got him some rootbeer. He tried to pout but couldn't keep it up when I placed the onion rings in front of him. I do know my boy. I wasn't pouting at all. A plate full of fried oysters made me a happy camper. I love, love them and haven't had them for forever. Next time Dale and I are coming alone so we can really enjoy our seafood without the (I can't believe you can eat that stuff) glares from are children.
No comments:
Post a Comment