Last week we took the three youngest kids on a road trip. We needed to take Catherine back to school and decided to take a little detour along the way, okay it was a big detour, that landed us across the street from Disneyland but I'll get to that later.
Today I want to talk about birthdays. Four birthdays in fact. The four spring birthdays we celebrated when we stopped in Idaho to drop off Catherine. Mr. B had a birthday back in March. It was his second and it makes me sad, as a grandma that we aren't close enough to celebrate with him. Miss B. Has a birthday next month. She will be one. That is a huge birthday and I really wanted to be with her so I requested that while we were there for the day that we celebrate all the March, April and May birthdays by having dinner together.
G and J were out of town and didn't get back until 3pm so we ate dinner after they got home. Gordon cooked us a yummy chicken fettuccine and I made a huge cupcake birthday cake for all the birthday kids to share. It is hard for me to believe I have a 28 year old, although for weeks I thought he was turning 29 so maybe it wasn't so hard after all. The bigger adjustment was knowing my little girl wasn't a teenage anymore. That made me feel old and a little sad but I am so excited for her. 20's are where you really begin to live and I know she has some great things in store for her this next decade.
So here they are, our spring birthdays...Little Miss B age 1 (almost), Little Mr. B age 2, my darling daughter Catherine age 20 and her handsome oldest brother, my oldest son Geoffrey age 28.
Mr. and Miss B were so tired from being in the car for nine hours. They really could care less about dinner or the birthday cake but boy did they perk up when it came time for the presents.
Mr. B was so excited to see his new toys. Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture showing his excitement. He loves Buzz Lightyear (just like his daddy did) and when ever he gets something with Buzz on it he just giggles. Of course Buzz has to fly.
Geoffrey asked for a new Mariner's hat since his old one is very well loved and worn. Do you ever lose loyalty for the home team? I hope not.
No pictures of Catherine opening presents. We gave her a camera before we left on our trip and on this day she got Tangled from us and the new Narnia movie from Gordon. She was so excited. She is so much fun. She gets so excited about the cutest things. We all watched Tangled. Great movie, loved it.

No comments:
Post a Comment