It was a pretty low key birthday for Grant. I had that surprise party for him last month and we are having all of the family over on Saturday after his baptism so for his actual birthday it was just Dale, myself, Gregory, Gatlin and of course the birthday boy.
He got a special birthday breakfast...
Then of course we had church so off we went. When we got home at 12:30 it was a majority consensus that we should have cake and ice cream for lunch. So we did!
The night before I had asked Grant what kind of cake he wanted and he said vanilla. I asked what kind of frosting and he said white. I said, "You want a white cake with white frosting?" "Yep" so when Dale and I saw this cake sitting next to one almost identical but with sprinkles on it, we started laughing. He said he wanted a white cake with white frosting so this is what he got. I showed it to him the morning of his birthday and told him about the other one with the sprinkles on it and how funny Dad and I thought it was to buy him this cake because he said he wanted white with white. He just looked at me with his very serious, now eight year old face, and said, "That is not very funny" so I cracked up even more.
So we put in his candles and threw on some sprinkles and wha-la it's a real birthday cake. lol
| The look on his face here cracked me up. I don't think he is too sure that flame is going to end up where it is supposed to. |
| A new bike with handle brakes and a kick stand (two criteria he requested). His old bike used to have training wheels so it didn't come with a kickstand. |
| He was much more excited about this Halo Mega Blocks toy than he was his bike. |
| Gatlin knew the right thing to buy to make this birthday boy very happy. |
| I love that his shirt says "old" on it. hahaha Happy Birthday Grant!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment