My husband has an obsession with America's Test Kitchen. He watches the show all the time. We don't have cable or dish TV so I don't know if he would be obsessed with all the other cooking show out there or not. I think not because as far as I know they don't do all the taste and product testing that America's Test Kitchen does.
Anyway it is because of his obsession that we have invested in a few counter top appliances like the mixer I posted about earlier and now this new baby.
It's pretty sad that I have been married almost 30 years and most of the kids are out of the house before I finally get some nice appliances that actually make me want to prepare yummy food to eat. Not sad for me, just sad for the kids that are no longer home to enjoy the results. :)
So I have spent the week learning how my new toy works. It is a lot of fun even though there are many pieces to get dirty every time it gets used, I am loving the quick results.
The first thing we did was make fresh squeezed orange juice for breakfast. It comes with a juicing attachment. I don't think the kids were too please with all the pulp but I was sure happy to give them an orange for breakfast a fast and easy way. And look how pretty it is. I unfortunately was having blood drawn that morning and was fasting so I didn't get to even try this yummy orange deliciousness.
I then used the processor to make some mango salsa and chop up some onion and peppers, slice some mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumbers and grate some carrots, purple cabbage and cheese to have on hand in the refrigerator. I have been using them throughout the week in salads and other recipes.
I made some yummy turkey meatballs with onions and peppers in them served with homemade sauce with fresh basil I processed and served over whole wheat pasta along side a salad with the sliced veggies and roasted asparagus. It was all very yummy.
So for those of you out there with a food processor what do you like to use yours for? I want to utilize mine to it's best use so I'd love some ideas.

Looks yummy Shari! That will be me... when the kids are gone, and I'm not working then I'll get the kitchen gadgets to use!
ReplyDeleteI borrowed my neighbor's to shred our zucchinis from the garden. I froze it in individual bags just the right measurement for zucchini bread. We enjoyed it all winter last year - yum!
ReplyDelete