Last week I was diagnosed with Graves Disease. I didn't know much about Graves Disease before a few weeks ago but when the doctors started running test on my thyroid I started seeing it mentioned in searches on the internet. I really didn't think much of it. I just knew that I had a hyperactive thyroid and assumed I would need some medicine to help balance it out
After more test were run I went to the doctor and was told I have Graves Disease. https://health.google.com/health/ref/Graves+disease
I was still convince it would be an easy fix with some medicine and all would be well. I looked into the disease a little more in depth only to come to the conclusion that regulating my symptoms will be a little more involved than just taking medicine.
I don't meet with the thyroid specialist for a couple more weeks so I don't know what direction we will be going to get me healthy. What I do know is that I am not reading any more about it. Some times I think too much information isn't necessarily a good thing. I'm not saying I want to be ignorant about the chronic illness I have but I don't want to know how every one else has suffered through it. My experience will be my own. I may not go through what others have endured so I don't see any point, right now anyway, in reading more stories that just get me depressed. I've never been a depressed person and I really don't want this to lead me down that path. So for now I choose to be blind to what may or may not lie ahead for me and my family. Life continues to go on as if nothing is new.
Did I mention I learned all of this two days before my 50th birthday? Happy birthday to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment