School starts in two days. We have never started school in August before and it is really throwing me for a loop. Normally we would have another week. Sending my kids off to school means that day care starts up again. I still need to get the house in order for that. I am so not ready. I need another week!
Grant has a new teacher that no one really knows anything about. I don't know if the unknown is better or worse than the known. At least I won't be sending him off to school with any preconceived (good or bad) ideas about the teacher. We will get to develop our own opinions as to how good of a teacher she is for Grant. He loves school so I really don't see there being a problem and we have already found out that one of his friends from church is in his class so that is good to know.
Gatlin has a very full schedule this year and he is taking French on top of everything else. Part of me wants to tell him not to take a foreign language because the church colleges don't require it. I think he thinks if he takes French he will get called to serve in France like Geoffrey did. I don't think it works that way but who am I to say. I don't extend the calls.
It's just about time to have Catherine head back to school. It has been a lot of fun having her home. Between her work schedule and my everyday life schedule we haven't really done a lot together but it is just nice having her back in our home. I miss having another girl around the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment